Friday, September 23, 2011

But, I Can't Write a Poem...

Most of us want to say, "Hey, I'm just not a poet, OK? I don't write that kind of stuff. I don't even like to write!"

That's fine. I understand the feeling. But, for just one minute, could you make me a list, a list of:

Things You Like
Elements of Nature
School Supplies
Any List you come up with!

Congratulations! You now have a rough draft for a poem!

Don't believe me? Check out my friend, Art's poem. Basically, it is just a list (with one line summing it up at the end.)

A Day at the Fair

Footlong hot dogs
Apple pies
Cotton candy
(Jumbo size)

Ice cream cones
Rice krispy treats
Other yummy
Stuff to eat

Like kettle corn
And hot french fries
Barbecue plates
And cherry pies

Vanilla fudge
Chocolate cakes
I ate it all
Now my belly aches


©2010-Art Belliveau

(Used by personal permission from the author. The poem can also be found here )

No comments:

Post a Comment